Workshops for Caregivers & Loved Ones
We at ACS understand that caring for a family member suffering from dementia can be very stressful. It is a time of high anxiety often wrought with personal and financial uncertainty.
Very often, one gets so caught up in caring for the individual affected, they forget to take good care of themselves. We are here as a resource and are available to answer any questions that may arise.
ACS offers Caregiver Workshops on numerous topics. These workshops are specifically designed to assist family caregivers during this time of great challenge.
We offer these workshops to non-profit organizations, senior citizen organizations, government agencies, assisted living facilities, hospitals and related healthcare facilities.
ACS can make these workshops available to your organization and will partner with you for the benefit of caregivers, loved ones and their families. In addition to helping family caregivers, these workshops have proven to be very valuable to the organization itself. They can help you gain new membership, aid your constituents and help to expand your brand in the community. Call us for details.
ACS Workshop Topics
- Nutrition: Using nutrition to improve dementia
- Long distance Caregiving: How to manage long distance care
- Caregivers: Recognizing and Managing your own stress.
- Breaking the Barriers: Dementia Prevention and Care for Minority Populations
- Wandering: Awareness, Prevention and Technology strategies
- Creating Confident Caregivers
- Discussing the end of life with a loved one & how to take away the car keys
- Learn and use communication skills to increase effectiveness
- Know the specific behaviors associated with Alzheimer’s
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Alzheimer’s and Safety: A workshop on planning and preparation
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Helping yourself help a Loved One