Home Health Aide
ACS HHAs provide patients with both personal care and medical related services in the patient’s home. Some tasks that might be performed include:
- Monitor a patient’s vital signs (pulse rate, body temperature, breathing)
- Change dressings on open wounds or post op wounds
- Escort a patient to a doctor’s appointment or on other necessary errands
- Run errands for a patient who is immobile or unable to travel
- Perform light housework and chores
- Meal preparation and patient feeding
- Medication administration (only under the supervision of an RN or medical doctor)
- Update patient records and observations (for report to RN or MD)
- And more
Personal Care Aide
ACS PCAs provide personal care assistance services that assist an individual in following a plan of health care designed to improve or delay deterioration of the individual’s physical health while enabling them to remain safely at home. Some duties, responsibilities and functions include:
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, bowel and bladder care
- Patient Transfer
- Housekeeping activities, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, and general organization.
- Laundry activities, including washing, drying, folding, and putting away laundry, changing linen, mending and ironing clothes.
- Meals, including cooking, feeding, storing meals and washing dishes.
- Shopping activities, including grocery shopping and personal shopping.
- Transportation, including assistance with public and or/para transit transportation.
- Recreation, including in-home and/or community activities.